1.inthefaceof 2.confrontation 3.envisage 4.affront 5.standupto 6.acrossfrom 7.beupagainst 8.facewith 9.front 10.encounter 11.befacedwith 12.facing(operation) 13.faced 14.confrontment
- 基本的事实面对着我们。The elemental truth was facing us.
- 我们必须面对现实。We must face reality.
- 他勇敢地面对困难。He faced the difficulty with courage.
- 他们不得不面对总统的威信日渐丧失的局面。They had to face the steady erosion of the president's credibility.
- 默默地祈祷后，他面对困难的勇气倍增。After praying quietly he faced his difficulties with a fortified spirit.
- 警察面对一群投掷砖块和汽油弹的暴徒。The police faced a mob throwing bricks and petrol bombs.
- 面对这样的指责，许多人都会辞职的，然而他却留下并硬是挺了过来。A lot of people would have resigned in the face of such accusations, but he stayed and toughed it out.
- 他在面对危险的时候表现出非凡的勇气。He showed remarkable courage when he faced the danger.