文件 middle3 unit5.doc
标题 The accident
四会: lose (lost), past, corner, or, travel, lie (lay), library,
三会: accident, motor, motorbike, suddenly, land, gate keeper,
wash clothes make a dress
ride a motorbike write a letter
… , if you can have a little accident
see sb do sth walk past
give sth back to sb ride along the road
play with sb worry about
a traffic accident leave school
shout to sb be badly hurt
stop the traffic carry sb/sth to …
It\'s really nice of you.
crowd round …
in the school library
as quickly as one could, …
the school office
hurry off to do sth
try to do sth
hurry over It\'s nothing.
tell sb about sth
a medicine box
take sb/sth to…
get help from …
call to do sth
* I forgot the time.
* You\'d better go to bed earlier tonight, if you can.
* What happened?
* How kind!
* It\'s really nice of you.
* It\'s nothing.
* You\'ll be OK.
* As quickly as she could, Miss Zhao got a medicine box.
* Please hurry up.
3. 语法: 过去进行时态（二）
I/He/She/It was (not) travelling too fast.
We/You/They were (not) travelling too fast.
Was I/he/she/it travelling too fast?
Were you/we/they travelling too fast?
When I got there, the Turners were having dinner.
The Smiths live upstairs.
The Greens are all doctors.
2. … , if you can. 如果能够的话，…
You\'d better go to bed earlier tonight, if you can.
Do it by yourself, if you can.
3.have a (little) accident发生一点意外(事故)
I had a little accident last Sunday.
I had an accident on my way home.
She died in a traffic accident.
There was a car / a railroad / an airplane accident yesterday.
4. happen vi. (偶然地)发生
The accident happened at the corner.
How did it happen?
What happened next?
5. see sb do sth
表示感觉的动词，如：see, watch, hear, feel等，其宾语后面的不定
A woman saw it happen when she was walking past.
I saw him walk across the street.
I watched him go into the house and come out again a few minutes later.
I often hear her sing this song.
I felt the earth move just now.
After the boys moved away the bag, the girls let the traffic go again.
The teacher made the boy stand at his desk the whole class.
6.give sth back to sb. 把…归还给某人
=give sb back sth
=return sth to sb (return sb sth)
She picked it up and gave it back to me.
Don\'t forget to give the money back to Jim.
=Don\'t forget to give Jim back the money.
Please remember to return the bicycle to Li Lei.
=Please remember to return Li Lei the bicycle.
=Please remember to give Li Lei back the bicycle.
=Please remember to give the bicycle back to Li Lei.
7.lucky adj. 幸运的，好运的
I was lucky enough to get a job.
8. worry about … 对…感到忧虑；为…担忧
worry about和be worried about两种表达法均正确。前者常用于语气较强的祈使句中，后者一般用于陈述句中，有时两者也有混用的情况。
Don\'t worry about any new words.
Don\'t worry about my health. I can look after myself.
She is worried about her daughter\'s studies at school.
9. land vt. & vi. (飞机)降落，使降落；（人）上岸，使上岸
It landed in the middle of the road.
The plane landed an hour later.
The spaceship landed in the sea this morning.
The pilot landed the plane safely in the heavy snow.
10. shout at/to sb. 对某人大声喊叫
Don\'t shout at me. I can hear you.
We shouted to her to be careful.
1)（用肯定句）或…, 还是…, 或是…
She or I have to bring it.
Is it green or blue?
Which do you like better, apples or oranges?
Are you going to leave or stay?
He doesn\'t smoke or drink.
Let\'s move that bag, or there may be an accident.
Get up or you\'ll be late for school.
Take this bus or (else) you won\'t get there in time.
1) vt. 搬动（某一物体）
Let\'s move the big stone away from the road.
You\'d better move your chair to the door. It\'s cool there.
2) vi. 搬家，移动
When are you going to move into your new house?
The Greens moved to Beijing last week.
He hurt his leg and couldn\'t move.
move away sth. 把…搬开
I\'ll go and move away the bag of rice with Lin Tao.
Please move away the desk and the chair.
13. not … until … 直到…才…
Kate didn\'t go to bed until 10 o\'clock.
Kate didn\'t go to bed until her mother came back.
I didn\'t finish my homework until ten o\'clock last night.
He won\'t get up until I call him.
14. lie (lay, lying) vi. (人、动物)躺，卧
The man lay on the road.
The boy lay on the sofa.
They lay on the grass.
lie on one\'s back/side/stomach仰卧，侧卧，俯卧
15. stop v. 停止（车、机器）
They go round the corner and stop the traffic.
I stopped the car.
The policeman stopped the truck at the gate.
16. It is nice of + n. (sb.) + to do (某人)真亲切做…
It is nice of you to ask me to your party tonight.
Don\'t crowd round him.
The girls crowded around the film star.
The students crowded round the teacher to ask questions.
18. as … as one can=as … as possible尽可能地
As quickly as she could (=As quickly as possible), Miss Zhao got a medicine box.
The boy ran towards school as fast as he could (=as fast as possible).
You must be as careful as you could (=as careful as possible) when you cross the road.
19. hurry up vi. 赶快（不用于否定句，常用于命令句）
Hurry up, or you will be late.
hurry off / away vi. & vt. 匆匆离去
Miss Zhao hurried off to look after the man.
20.With the medicine under her arm, Miss Zhao hurried off to look after the man.
with + 名词 + 介词短语：这一结构可用作状语，表示伴随状况。
The teacher came in with a book under his arm.
The poor woman walked through the street with a baby on her back.
21. A gets help from B=B gives help to A
Jim gets help from Tom.=Tom gives help to Jim.
1. lose A. move B. drop C. both D. nose
2. while A. politely B. luckily C. police D. winner
3. crowd A. know B. enough C. sound D. draw
4. language A. past B. basketball C. village D. travel
5. passed A. crowded B. stopped C. traveled D. hurried
1. How many ______ are there in the city? (library)
2. What ______ the Smiths ______ (do) when you went there?
3. There was a book ______ on the desk. (lie)
4. The bell rang while we ______ (play) pingpong.
5. He was ______ to win the match. (luck)
6. While my parents ________ (watch) TV, I ________ (do) my homework.
7. He was _______ hurt in this accident. (bad)
8. The children were shouting loudly but the driver ______ (not hear) them.
9. ________ (work) hard at your lessons and ______ (not talk) in class.
10. What does that man do? He is a gate ______ (keep).
1. They were travelling too fast. (该成一般疑问句)
2. You\'d better give him a ring at once. (改为否定句)
3. The twins went to bed after they finished their homework.
(用not … until改写句子)
4. The girls let the traffic go again at 12 o\'clock. (用not…until改写句子)
5. Please crowd round the teacher.(改为否定句)
1. --- _____ Wei Fang learning Russian last night?
A. Is B. Was C. Were D. Did
2. It\'s warmer today. You\'d better ______ your thick sweater.
A. put on B. wear C. take off D. put in
3. Yesterday Tom climbed a tree and fell ________ .
A. away B. out C. from D. off
4. Be quick, ________ we\'ll be late for school.
A. and B. so C. when D. or
5. My uncle always sleeps ________ his eyes open.
A. and B. but C. when D. with
6. After I used his bike, I ________ .
A. gave him back to it B. gave him back it
C. gave it back him D. gave it back to him.
7. I heard them ________ about you yesterday.
A. to talk B. talked C. talk D. were talking
8. The Greens ________ at table when I went in.
A. sat B. was sitting C. were sitting D. is sitting
9. The boy was just looking out of the window ________ the teacher called him.
A. before B. until C. when D. and
10. When we do our homework, we must be ________ .
A. as carefully as we can B. as careful as we can
C. as we can as carefully D. as we can as careful
11. When she ________ , she dropped her pen.
A. pasted B. walked passed C. past D. walked past
12. We went to move the bag away and let the girls ________ help from the school.
A. to go and find B. go and to find
C. go and find D. went and found
13. Look, our books are on the floor. Please ________ .
A. pick it up B. pick up it C. pick them up D. pick up them
14. You can borrow this book, but please give it back to me as ________ as you can.
A. soon B. quick C. quicker D. quickest
15. I ________ breakfast at 7:30 this morning.
A. am having B. was having C. had D. were having
John lived with his mother in a rather big house, and when she died, the house became too big for him so he bought a smaller one in the next street. There was a very nice old clock in his first house, and when the man came to take his furniture (家具) to the new house, John thought, “I\'m not going to let them carry my beautiful old clock in their truck. Maybe they\'ll break it, and then mending it will be very dear.”So he picked it up and began to carry it down the road under his arms.
It was heavy, so he stopped two or three times to have a rest.
Then suddenly a small boy came along the road. He stopped and looked at John for a few seconds (秒). Then he said to John,“You\'re a stupid (愚蠢) man, aren\'t you? Why don\'t you buy a watch like everybody else?”
( ) 1. John and his mother lived in a big house.
( ) 2. John bought a small house in the next street.
( ) 3. John had a beautiful new clock.
( ) 4. John and his friend carried the clock to his new house.
( ) 5. John was a stupid man.
Mrs Smith was looking out of her window, when ___1___ saw a truck and a big car ___2___ each other. She ran out to help. There ___3___ only one man in the truck and one woman in the car, and neither of them was hurt, but the car was damaged (损坏).
The lady ___4___ very white and her hands were shaking (发抖), ___5___ Mrs Smith invited her ___6___ her house and gave her some tea. She was a pleasant woman of about 50 years old. She drank the tea and soon looked ___7___. Then she said to Mrs Smith, “Have you ___8___ a telephone, please? I would like to ___9___ my husband. We have a kind of custom (习惯) --- whenever I have an accident with the ___10___ , I telephone him.
( )1. A. she B. he C. it D. I
( )2. A. blew B. beat C. met D. met
( )3. A. were B. was C. has been D. have been
( )4. A. seemed B. became C. looked D. was
( )5. A. and B. but C. as D. so
( )6. A. in B. into C. to D. at
( )7. A. more worse B. much worse C. more better D. much better
( )8. A. bought B. got C. kept D. made
( )9. A. phone B. help C. answer D. tell
( )10 A. bus B. taxi C. truck D. car
- 九年级英语第五单元 相关文章:
- 九年级英语第一单元Teachers\ Day